Title: Intermediate QA Analyst
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Metalogix is looking to hire a talented and enthusiastic permanent Intermediate QA Analyst for our Vancouver office to play a central role in building both Windows and Web Application software products. As a key member of our quality assurance team, you will be intimately involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle - from design through to release. Your passion for QA, communication skills, desire to learn combined with your great understanding of Microsoft technologies will help you hit the ground running, to quickly become a central player on our agile, fast moving team.
Reporting to the Test lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with planning the QA effort for your product
- Develop and perform manual tests and participate in the regression effort
- Assist in guiding and supporting other test team members based locally and remotely
- Actively participate in sprint planning and sizing, sprint review, retrospectives and feature discussions with product owner.
- Participate in the daily Scrum stand-up meetings to discuss with the scrum team what you have achieved, what you are planning to achieve and your impediments.
- Work closely with the development team to identify weaknesses and improve software quality
- Work closely with the support team to resolve escalated customer support issues
- Support the team where ever needed to deliver on our sprint and product roadmap commitments.
- 5+ years of testing experience on both Windows and web application software products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience working with test automation frameworks
- Have worked in an agile team and embrace the principles of agile, preferably scrum.
- Self-starter, self-driven, with the ability to work both independently and collaborate in groups
- Passion for continuous learning, be able to learn and explore independently.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint at least as a user
Highly Desirable Experience
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager
- Experience with Virtual Machine Manager or other virtual machine environmentsV
- Experience working with remote teams
Metalogix provides industry-recognized management tools for mission-critical collaboration platforms. These tools are engineered and supported by experts committed to the rapidly evolving deployment and operational success of our clients.
Metalogix’ world-class tools and client service have proven to be the most effective way to manage increasingly complex, and exponentially growing metadata and content across collaboration platforms.
For over a decade, Metalogix has developed the industry’s best and most trusted management tools for SharePoint, Exchange, and Office 365, backed by our globally acknowledged live 24x7 support. Over 20,000 clients rely on Metalogix Tools every minute of every day to monitor, migrate, store, synchronize, archive, secure, and backup their collaboration platforms.
Metalogix is a Microsoft Gold Partner, an EMC Select Partner, and a GSA provider. Our Client Service division of certified specialists is the winner of the prestigious NorthFace ScoreBoard Award for World Class Excellence in Customer Service.