Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
We are seeking seasoned software professionals to join our profitable and fast growing software company in our Vancouver, BC office.
Metalogix Software provides content life-cycle solutions for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange environments, providing content Management, Migration, Archiving, Storage Optimization and Data Protection. The company supports its more than 14,000 customers worldwide from eight office locations; Boston, Ann Arbor and Dallas (US), Vancouver and Halifax (Canada), London (UK), Bratislava (Slovakia), and Schaffhausen (Switzerland).
Metalogix is looking to hire a talented and experienced software developer to play a central role in building both Windows Application and Web Application software products in C#. As a key member of our product development team, you will be intimately involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle - from design through to release. Your excellent communication skills, leadership ability, and maturity, will allow you to navigate through complex customer scenarios and difficult technical challenges, to help the team focus on releasing market leading software.
Your experience with SharePoint and deep understanding of Microsoft technologies in general, will help you hit the ground running, to quickly become a central player on our agile, fast moving team. Responsibilities will include:
- Design, development, testing, and release of software
- Daily interactions with and leading team members to coordinate tasks, discuss deliverables, and consult on design decisions
- Interact with customers to gather requirements, manage software releases, and manage support escalations as required
- Perform demos of new features to internal team members, sales representatives, and / or customers.
- Interact with senior executives as required in discussing product roadmaps, feature requirements, and other product groups within the Metalogix organization, to help, develop, coordinate and synchronize the Metalogix products roadmap
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 4 or more years of experience with C#, .NET Framework, and Microsoft Technologies, including WinForms and ASP.NET
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with SharePoint’s Object Model, Web Services, and Client Object Model
- Solid understanding of the SharePoint product architecture
- Experience with SharePoint 2003, 2007, 2010 are highly desirable
- Knowledgeable of BPOS-S, BPOS-D and Office 365
- Experience with XML, Web Services, SQL Server, and Visual Studio
- Experience with Team Foundation Server or equivalent configuration and build management systems
- Maturity and proven leadership ability, with an interest in mentoring others
- Ability to set and meet agreed to schedules
- Self-starter, self-driven, with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience