Title: Software Developer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
We are seeking seasoned software professionals to join our profitable and fast growing software company in our Gastown, Vancouver, BC office.
Metalogix Software provides content life-cycle solutions for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange environments, providing content Management, Migration, Archiving, Storage Optimization and Data Protection. The company supports its more than 14,000 customers worldwide from eight office locations; Boston, Ann Arbor and Dallas (US), Vancouver and Halifax (Canada), London (UK), Bratislava (Slovakia), and Schaffhausen (Switzerland).
Metalogix is looking to hire talented software developers to build both Windows Application and Web Application software products in C#. As part of our dynamic product development team, you will get your hands dirty in all aspects of the software development lifecycle - from design through to release. Your excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, will help you fit in with our agile development team approach, and allow you to interact effectively with our customers from time to time.
Your experience with SharePoint, and Microsoft technologies in general, will help you ramp up quickly, to become a key contributing member of our fast moving team. Responsibilities will include:
- Design, development, testing, and release of software.
- Daily interactions with team members to coordinate tasks, discuss deliverables, and consult on design decisions.
- Interact with customers to gather requirements, manage software releases, and handle support escalations as required.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2 or more years of experience with C#, .NET Framework, and Microsoft Technologies, including WinForms and ASP.NET
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with SharePoint’s Object Model, Web Services, and Client Object Model
- Solid understanding of the SharePoint product architecture
- Experience with SharePoint 2003, 2007, 2010 are highly desirable
- Knowledgeable of BPOS-S, BPOS-D and Office 365
- Experience with XML, Web Services, SQL Server, Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server are a plus
- Ability to set and meet agreed to schedules
- Self-starter, self-driven, with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience