Metalogix Migration Manager for SharePoint Public Folder Edition Build 18.104.22.168 (Release) Published
SharePoint is incorrectly recording the externalization state of certain documents that have been moved with SharePoint Explorer View (or WebDav). The end result is the document points to an externalized BLOB file but SharePoint has recorded it as residing in the content database (which it does not).
The following conditions can cause the issue to occur:
- SharePoint 2010 running StoragePoint
- Using EBS. RBS is not affected.
- Using asynchronous endpoints or profile
- Using a Size filter on the endpoint. Happens on documents under the size threshold i.e. that were kept in content database.
- Document was cut/pasted or moved (not copied) to another folder using SharePoints Explorer View function.
Certain documents are not retrievable or viewable when clicking on them in SharePoint. An Unexpected error has occurred message may display.
The SharePoint ULS logs and/or Event Viewer may show the following errors:
Unable to read full interval from database
Background file fill operation caught exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
- Download the Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 released June 2012.
- The Cumulative Update can be accessed at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2598354.
- The release note confirming the fix is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2598348. Search for external BLOB storage in the release note to find the reference to the fix.
- Metalogix has tested the provided fix and confirmed resolution.
Contacting Metalogix Support
If you have additional questions or require further clarification please contact the Metalogix support team using the phone numbers below or open a support request using our online portal.
Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Asia Pacific