Full File Lifecycle Management
Each file has a unique fingerprint over the course of its life – who it is intended for, how frequently it is viewed, how important or regulated the content. Managing files throughout the full lifecycle is important as it allows you to remain compliant while storing content in appropriate storage tier that provides proper access while reducing storage costs as content value changes over time. Archive Manager’s automated information management system controls the retention policy of each file. It captures, routes, stores, restores, migrates and deletes emails automatically. You decide how long messages, mailboxes, and distribution groups are retained.
Managing Compliance & Retention
Organizations face many challenges to ensure files are compliantly stored for as long as required or needed. Whether your organization needs to follow compliance standards such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), SEC11a-4, or Freedom of Information, Archive Manager Files Edition helps you comply with those requirements. Retention policies can be configured by file types and attributes to ensure content is stored as required for the required time. Compliant storage can be used further strengthen compliance support.
True Single Instance Storage to Minimize Storage Needs
Files can take massive storage. Duplicate files exponentially increase storage requirements. Free up storage space and eliminate unnecessary duplicate files with Archive Manager’s powerful and unique Single Instance Store technology, which automatically removes files which have been saved multiple times. This avoids multiple versions of the same file and significantly reduces storage space. Authorized users can still access and edit the document as usual.
Disaster Management Made Easy
There is an almost limitless list of things that can go wrong with your content, applications and access. These disaster scenarios need to be managed and their risk mitigated. Archive Manager allows you to perform parallel archiving of files onto many storage devices to deliver high availability and serve as a backup file system. Should a file server malfunction, the effortless restore functionality of Archive Manager Files Edition allows an administrator to retrieve archived files to a target server.
Store Your Files Anywhere You Choose
Files can be stored in many different places for many reasons. Your archive solution should seamlessly integrate into your storage strategy and architecture, whether that is on premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid architecture you design. Archive Manager supports all current media and top cloud storage to store, secure, search and retrieve archived content in the cloud. Now you can protect and store files anywhere you chose.
- Windows 2008 R2 SP1/2012/2012 R2, 64-bit version (NOTE: 64-bit version Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 is required.)
- Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 SP1/2012/2012 R2, 64-bit version
- Macintosh clients when CIFS/SMB protocol is used (standard Windows shares); AFP protocol (e.g. ExtremeZ-IP software) is also supported
- NTFS and Resilient File System (ReFS)
- Storage devices from which the data can be archived: EMC Celerra, EMC VNX, NetApp Filer (7-mode only)
- Archive Database (for metadata): Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or newer / Oracle 11g and above
- On Premise Archive Storage: All current media (DAS, NAS, SAN, Jukebox, Tape, EMC Centera, NetApp Filer, Hitachi HCP, DVD, CD-ROM, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Kompliance etc.)
- Cloud Archive Storage: Amazon S3 (all regions including GovCloud), EMC Atmos, Rackspace, Windows Azure
Office 365 has come of age and many organizations want to make the move to the cloud for email and collaboration. But once that decision's been made, how do you make the switch? What about your existing files, emails, and public folder content? What if you have compliance rules governing the storage of your content? Join Metalogix to examine migration options for Exchange, SharePoint, and file share content to Office 365.